The simulator «Artren» is intended for acquiring and improving skills by the staff of a self-propelled gun battalion in gunnery and fire control in conditions close to those combat ones as well as team building.
CAPABILITIES OF THE SIMULATOR
- Forming ground environment on 3-D model of a training area for accomplishing tasks (exercises) from the Gunnery course and complex fire tasks by way of implementation of geoinfor-mational technologies allowing to work with an electronic site map;
- Visual observation of ground environment (terrain, ground targets, firing results) within the direct visibility range;
- Current control over trainees' actions in the process of performing firing exercises;
- Possibility of both joint training of a battery in the course of performing firing
exercises and individual training of individual specialists;
- Maintaining and improving skills of officers of the command-observation post and battery's senior officer in posturing fire mission settings and battery control both with the use of a fire-control instrument, aiming circle, correction calculator, and on the basis of automatic fire direction means;
- Special training, coordination of operative computations of observation units (forming in artillery forward observers skills in ground targets reconnaissance, range finding, defining position grid angle, rectangular coordinates, elevation, frontage and target elevation, its characteristics, skills in reporting target indications, and meeting training standards);
- Playing the role of an air target for obtaining artillery reconnaissance means (CHAP-10, APK-1, A3K, an artillery observation helicopter);
- Information exchange (battery fire control) by means of communication simulators;
- Individual training of self-propelled artillery weapons' crewmembers (formation and maintaining of skills in various methods of firing at various targets in accordance with the Rules of firing and fire control, meeting training standards);
- Tactical, tactic -special training and operational coordination of units in conditions close to combat ones, including conditions of a two-way battle;
- Control of the level of training of the battery's officers in the course of combat training with application of the base of trainees' results of performing firing exercises. The simulator «Ar-tren» may be used in the system of combat training of artillery batteries and in educational institutions of Land forces.
STRUCTURE OF THE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SYSTEM
The complex of general and special software, computing aids and adapters of simulators of devices and equipment with computing aids of the simulator, represents a hardware and software system of the simulator.
BASIC TASKS RESOLVED BY THE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SYSTEM
- Input of initial data for training (survey and geodetic preparation of fire, weather conditions, ballistic preparation of fire quantity and types of targets amount and types of missiles for fire tasks Hardware fire, targets, accomplishing, position and state of combined arms units).
- Synthesis of the terrain sector and visual surrounding corresponding to the vision field of observation devices of the artillery battery.
- Simulation of audio effects corresponding to the process of a self-propelled gun mount charging and firing.
- Calculation of fire results.
- Visualization of the process of firing and destruction of targets and objects;
- Operational control over the training.
- Objective control over trainees' actions.
- Generation of data bases of the exercises performing results.
- Information exchange through the local area computer network.